Skip to content Skip to footer site map

Accessibility ServicesMental Wellness for students Wellness Services

Seeking disability-related supports and/or accommodations?

Connect with Accessibility Services

Step #1:

Gather Relevant Documentation

Documentation Requirements 

St. Lawrence College supports student with permanent and/or temporary disabilities. Interim accommodations may be provided to students who are being assessed or waiting on documentation.

Under the Ontario Human Rights Code, it is not a requirement to provide a specific diagnosis to access accommodations and support services. Disclosure of a diagnosis may be required for some government financial aid programs for students with disabilities.

If you have a learning disability, you need a current psycho-educational assessment completed by a Psychologist or Psychological Associate (within the last 5 years or as an adult), confirming your functional limitations.

If you have physical or mental health concerns (examples listed below), your regulated health care practitioner can complete the Confirmation of Disability Form, or provide similar documentation confirming your functional limitations.

  • acquired brain injury
  • hearing impairment (deaf, deafened, or hard of hearing)
  • medical condition
  • mental health diagnosis (e.g. depression, anxiety, ADHD, ASD)
  • physical disability or mobility impairment
  • vision impairment (blind or partially sighted)

Please Note:

  • An IEP provides background information, but does not confirm a disability or related functional limitations.
  • A regulated health care practitioner is someone who is capable of providing confirmation of a disability and providing the functional limitations that may affect your academic functioning.
  • Requests for retroactive accommodations for students with disabilities are assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Do you have questions? Contact our tri-campus email at for more information.

Step #2:

Book an Intake Appointment

WHEN can you meet with us?

We encourage you to connect with us and book an appointment as soon as possible. For example, if you are starting classes in September, please book with us in early May.

HOW can you book your appointment?

Call or drop by your campus to book an appointment with us:

Brockville: 613-345-0660, extension 3154, Room 100
Cornwall: 613-933-6080, extension 2709, Room M1460
Kingston: 613-544-5400, extension 5504, Room 01230

Step #3:

Apply for financial aid and disability-related funding

To Apply for Financial Aid through Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), visit the OSAP website.

You may qualify for disability-related grants and bursaries that can support services and equipment.

Please contact your campus Financial Aid Office for more information:

Brockville: 613-345-0660, extension 3230
Cornwall: 613-933-6080, extension 2709
Kingston: 613-544-5400, extension 1185, 1507 or 1287

St. Lawrence College is committed to making our resources usable by all people, whatever their abilities or disabilities.This information will be made available in alternative format upon request to