Programs at St. Lawrence College are delivered using a variety of instruction modes. Courses may be offered in the classroom or lab, entirely online, or in a hybrid mode which combines classroom sessions with online learning activities. Program delivery can be run weekdays, weekends or evenings. Upon registration, each full-time student is provided a St. Lawrence College email account which is used to communicate important information about program or course events.
Unique Learning Opportunities
As part of our program, we will provide our students the opportunity to be certified by BZEE, the German wind industry training institute. This internationally recognized certification will ensure world wide access to wind turbine technician jobs. Another great feature for our students is the opportunity to take one course during fourth semester at the nearby Wolfe Island Wind farm, one of the largest wind farms in Ontario.
• Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will receive an Ontario College Diploma
• Students are registered as Apprentices with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
• The College assists students to find a paid co-op work placement for the summer months prior to semester 3
• The work experience gained during placement may be validated in the student’s apprenticeship logbook
• Upon successful completion of the program students are exempt from any further in school apprenticeship training
• Graduates who complete the skill requirements of the apprenticeship are eligible to take the exam for Certificate of Qualification for Industrial Electrician (Red Seal)
Applicants with post-secondary credits may be eligible for direct entry to an upper level of the program (semester or year) depending on transfer credits. Select the applicable level when applying at ontariocolleges.ca and ensure that we receive your official post-secondary transcript for consideration. If you are unsure what level to apply for, please contact the program coordinator.